Congratulations Beth Legge.
FARMER FRANK by Beth Legge. Photo provided by the Indiana State Department of Agriculture.
(INDIANAPOLIS) – There were only 10 winners, but one came from right here in southeastern Indiana.
Lt. Governor Suzanne Crouch and the Indiana State Department of Agriculture announced Thursday the winners of the 2021 Indiana Agriculture photo contest.
The winners were chosen from hundreds of entries in the following four categories: Agritourism, Conservation, Faces of Agriculture and On the Farm. Two winners were selected from each category, along with two overall winners.
Among the winners is Beth Legge from Moores Hill. Her photo “Farmer Frank” (seen above) was one of two winning photos in the Faces of Agriculture category.
To be considered, the photo had to be taken in the state by an Indiana resident. The photos were then judged by a panel based on creativity, composition, and category representation.
“As I travel across our state I am always awestruck by the beauty of our state’s agricultural landscape from round barns to wildlife and so much more,” Crouch said. “These photos are a wonderful addition to my business office’s walls and serve as a wonderful reminder of the strength and beauty of Indiana agriculture.”
The full list of photo contest winners for 2021 are listed below:
- “Pollination” by Amber Beams from Roachdale
- “Magical Midway” by Jenise Stewart from Nabb
- “Last Light” by Sarah Greene from Loogootee
- “The Coneflower Bee” by Sarah Sands from Pierceton
Faces of Agriculture Category
- “4-H” by Andi Pollert from Seymour
- “Farmer Frank” by Beth Legge from Moores Hill
On the Farm Category
- “Among the Flowers” by Cecile Dreyer from Sellersburg
- “Bushels of Fire” by Tom Jones from Star City
- “Nature’s Unicorn” by Kyle Doles from Indianapolis
- “Newborn” by Ross Waitt from Sheridan