Each organization was able to request up to $5,000.
(Rising Sun, Ind.) - The Ohio County Community Foundation awarded a total of $38,191.69 in Community Grants to 9 local non-profits during the second grant cycle of 2023. Each organization could request up to $5,000.
The following grants were funded through Ohio County Today & Tomorrow Endowment Fund, created by the City of Rising Sun and Ohio County, to fund the pressing needs in Ohio County.
- Rising Sun Methodist Church has been awarded $2,000 to purchase new stoves and a mixer for the church kitchen to be able to continue to provide meals for the community.
- Ohio County Tourism has been awarded $5,000 to hire bands as entertainment for the 2024 Rising Sun Summer Festival as well as setup fees.
- Ohio County Historical Society has been awarded $5,000 to replace heat pump to preserve the artifacts and papers in the storage rooms.
- City of Rising Sun/Street Department has been awarded $5,000 towards the purchase of a new mower for upkeep of lawns of the community parks and the public pool grounds.
- Rising Sun Main Street has been awarded $4,071.69 to purchase tables and a table cart to have available for the community for rental space at Heritage Hall.
- Rising Sun Kids J.A.M., Inc. has been awarded $2,120 to purchase snacks/lesson materials/t-shirts/insurance to continue to provide program for the children of the community.
- Rising Sun Cemetery Assoc. has been awarded $5,000 towards the purchase of a new mower for the upkeep of the cemetery grounds to continue to provide to families.
- Rising Sun Municipal Utilities has been awarded $5,000 to purchase a Centrifuge system to maintain the daily water and wastewater for the community.
- The First Church of Christ Little Free Pantry has been awarded $5,000 to purchase food and personal care items to have available for the community in need.
Endowment funds are established within the Ohio County Community Foundation by donors with a vision to create perpetual, charitable funds to be distributed in the form of grants to non-profit organizations whose projects and programs benefit the Ohio County community.
Donations to help grow an endowment fund established within the Ohio County Community Foundation can be made in memory or honor of a loved one and are tax-deductible in most cases. The Ohio County Community Foundation is located at 330 Industrial Access Drive, Rising Sun. To learn more about the Ohio County Community Foundation, please visit the Foundation website at occfrisingsun.com or contact the Foundation staff at 812-438-9401.