Dearborn, Ripley Counties Awarded Grants To Enhance 911 Equipment

A total of $2.8 million is being spread to PSAP's throughout Indiana.

(Indianapolis, Ind.) – Federal grants have been awarded to Indiana Public Safety Answering Points to enhance their 911 equipment.

The Office of the Indiana State Treasurer announced Wednesday that $2.8 million will go to 29 PSAP’s across Indiana.

Locally, Dearborn County Communications and Ripley County 911 Communications is among the grant recipients.

Treasurer Mitchell, chair of the Statewide 911 Board, commented, "I am pleased that these counties are able to utilize these grant funds to improve their critical services to Hoosiers. Their work is much appreciated."

The grants will provided federal funding to support the transition of PSAP’s and their interconnecting 911 network and core services, to facilitate migration to a digital, IP-enabled emergency network and adoption and operation of NG911 services and applications.

PSAP’s will be required to pay 40 percent of their project cost, while the other 60 percent is covered by the grant funding.

More from Local News


VIDEO: Construction Begins On New Southwest Local Schools

The three new elementary schools and new junior school are expected to be ready for classes in 2021.

Ivy Tech Community College To Host “Macbeth” Performance Lawrenceburg Civic Park

The free play production begins at 7:00 p.m. on Monday, August 26.

DCF Offering Scholarship Opportunities For Current College Students

Three different scholarships are open to apply for until October 18.

Local Sports Report - August 23 & 24

East Central football made it 23 straight wins over a tough Lawrenceburg team on Friday night.

AUDIO: Tigers, Trojans "Showdown" For County Bragging Rights Friday Night

Listen to coaches from Lawrenceburg and East Central share their thoughts on tonight's season-opening rivalry game.

10+ Pounds Won The FLW Bass Fishing League Tournament At Tanners Creek

A Hamilton, Ohio resident was first and a Greendale resident placed second at the FLW Bass Fishing League tournament on the Ohio River.

On Air

REV playing
Kenny Rogers - Lady

Runaway June Buy My Own Drinks 18:55
Toby Keith Made In America 18:49
Dan + Shay How Not To 18:46
Dierks Bentley Home 18:42