South Dearborn and East Central captured sectional titles in boys and girls soccer, LHS' volleyball coach records 500th win, and cross country stars advance to the regional.
FRIDAY, OCTOBER 8
Greensburg 41, Milan 15 (Eagle Country 99.3 Feature Game)
- Jonny Volk (M): 61-yard TD reception
- Ethan Pierce (M): 6-yard TD reception
East Central 41, Guerin Catholic 7
Lawrenceburg 62, Connersville 7
- Garrett Yoon (LB): 10-11, 221 yards, 2 TD
- Luke Pierce (LB): 8 carries, 99 yards 4 TD; INT
- Dahya Patel (LB): 4 receptions, 78 yards, 2 TD
South Dearborn 48, Rushville 3
- Adam Kunkel (SD): 13-20, 135 yards, 2 TD
- CJ Rogers (SD): 11 carries, 79 yards, 2 TD
- CJ Evans (SD): 56-yard TD run
- Austin Ballart, Reese Willoughby (SD): Receiving TD each
North Decatur 43, Switzerland County 14
South Decatur 27, Oldenburg Academy 6
Ross 55, Harrison 17
Taylor 20, Reading 14
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 9
Class 3A Sectional 12 at Mt. Vernon (Fortville) - Championship
East Central 6, Mt. Vernon (Fortville) 0 - The Trojans will play Cathedral or Lawrence North on Thursday (6 PM) in the first round of the Carmel Regional.
Class 2A Sectional 28 at South Dearborn - Championship
South Dearborn 3, Batesville 0 - The Knights capture their 5th sectional championship in program history. SD will take on Speedway on Thursday (6 PM) at the Indianapolis Bishop Chatard Regional.
Class 1A Sectional 45 at Jac-Cen-Del - Championship
Southwestern (Hanover) 3, South Ripley 2 - The Raiders finish the season 14-1-4.
Class 1A Sectional 44 at Southwestern (Shelbyville) - Championship
Southwestern (Shelbyville) 2, Oldenburg Academy 0 - The Twisters end the season 7-9.
Class 3A Sectional 12 at Greenfield-Central - Championship
East Central 2, Mt. Vernon (Fortville) 0 - The Lady Trojans will play Roncalli on Wednesday (6 PM) in the first round of the Carmel Regional.
- Julia Tiemann, Ellie Hill (EC): goal each
Class 2A Sectional 28 at Lawrenceburg - Championship
South Dearborn 0, Lawrenceburg 0 (SD wins 3-2 in PKs) - The Lady Knights capture their 3rd sectional championship in four years and their second straight. SD will take on Cathedral in the first round of the Carmel Regional on Wednesday at 6:00 p.m.
Class 2A Sectional 27 at Beech Grove - Championship
Cathedral 7, Batesville 0 - The Lady Bulldogs finish the season 10-6.
Class 1A Sectional 45 at Rising Sun - Championship
Switzerland County 6, Milan 0 - The Lady Pacers will take on Providence on Wednesday at 6:00 p.m. at the Providence Regional. Milan ends the season 5-3-3.
Jay County 2, Lawrenceburg 0
Alexandria-Monroe 2, Lawrenceburg 0
New Washington 2, Switzerland County 0
Charlestown 2, Switzerland County 0
Lawrence North 2, East Central 0
Jasper 2, East Central 0
Greenwood Christian Academy 2, Oldenburg Academy 0
Oldenburg Academy 2, Jac-Cen-Del 1
Oldenburg Academy 2, Speedway 1
IHSAA Sectional at South Dearborn
Boys Results (Top 5 Qualify for Regional): 1. Batesville, 2. East Central, 3. Greensburg, 4. Lawrenceburg, 5. South Decatur, 6. Rising Sun, 7. JCD, 8. South Ripley, 9. North Decatur, 10. South Dearborn.
- Batesville's Benjamin Moster came in first place with a time of 16:32.6.
- Individuals advancing to the regional include: Ben Riehle (Milan), Peyton Merica (Rising Sun), Joshua Pohle (JCD), Ayden Potts (Milan), Carter Walsmann (OA), Ethan Markland (Rising Sun), Adam Maloney (JCD), Casey Fletcher (Rising Sun), Logan Bradley (South Ripley), Cameron Reatherford (JCD).
Girls Results (Top 5 Qualify for Regional): 1. Batesville, 2. East Central, 3. Greensburg, 4. South Ripley, 5. South Decatur, 6. Jac-Cen-Del, 7. North Decatur, 8. South Dearborn.
- East Central's Rachel Campbell finished first with a time of 19:32.6.
- Individuals advancing to the regional include: Cloey Simon (JCD), Gracye Klaver (SD), Kayla Simon (JCD), Lucy Lillis (Milan), Virginia Minch (JCD), Renee Lillis (Milan), Lauren Agner (L'Burg), Cideny Clyde (L'Burg)
IHSAA Sectional at Connersville
Franklin County boys finish 8th out of 10 team. Ben Maze and Adam Grant advanced to the regional. On the girls side, Ester George advanced to the regional.
IHSAA Sectional at Austin
Switzerland County boys qualify for the regional, finishing in fifth place. Switzerland County's girls team is also off to the regional after placing second. Claire Rogers placed first overall with a time of 20:10.7.
Full cross country results can be found at https://www.stuartroadracing.com/crosscountry.html.