East Central and Lawrenceburg combined for three all-conference selections.
(Lawrenceburg, Ind.) – The Eastern Indiana Athletic Conference has named its top boys basketball players for the 2018-19 season.
The conference’s top player and Most Valuable Player is Greensburg junior Andrew Welage. The Pirates star edged out Connersville’s Noah Belt by one voting point to take home the honor.
Welage, a 6’7” point guard, averaged 15.1 points, 6.3 rebounds and a conference-leading 4.6 assists per game in conference play.
His play also helped Greensburg to an EIAC championship with a perfect 7-0 record against conference foes. Greensburg head coach Stacy Meyer is the 2018-19 EIAC Coach of the Year.
East Central and Lawrenceburg combined for three all-conference selections. They are Luke Collinsworth and Trevor Becker for the Trojans and Gavin Yoon for the Tigers.
Collinsworth and Becker helped lead East Central to a second-place finish in the EIAC, while Yoon was the conference’s leading scorer at 20.6 ppg.
The complete EIAC Boys Basketball All-Conference team is as follows, with coaches’ vote totals in parenthesis:
- Andrew Welage, Greensburg (73)
- Noah Belt, Connersville (72)
- Drew Comer, Greensburg (70)
- Robert Raver, Batesville (63)
- Luke Collinsworth, East Central (59)
- Gavin Yoon, Lawrenceburg (58)
- Lane Sparks, Greensburg (52)
- Logan Graddy, Rushville (34)
- Jacob Brown, Connersville (30)
- Colt Meyer, Batesville & Trevor Becker, East Central (28)
- Miles Wilkison, Greensburg (16)