The fire was first reported Wednesday around 3:07 p.m.
Photo by Harrison Fire Department.
Update published Thursday, October 24 at 11:25 a.m.:
The Harrison Fire Department responded to the Burger King on New Haven Road on Wednesday around 3:07 p.m.
Fire Chief William Hursong told Eagle Country 99.3 on Thursday that the fire is believed to have started due to a mechanical failure.
"The fire was 100 percent not a grease fire," Hursong added.
Regardless, it appears the Burger King building will be a total loss.
Hursong said the fire caused a partial collapse of the roof, which prompted firefighters to evacuate and extinguish the flames from the exterior. Firefighters were on the scene for a little over two hours.
There were no injuries reported.
Hursong credits a Burger King employee for snapping a photo of the fire prior to exiting the building for helping determine where the fire started.
Update published Wednesday, October 23 at 4:55 p.m.:
New Haven Road is now open.
Original story published Wednesday, October 23:
(Harrison, Oh.) - A Harrison road is closed due to a fire.
A structure fire was reported around 3:07 p.m. along New Haven Road.
Hamilton County 911 says New Haven Road is closed between Harrison Avenue and Interstate 74.
No other information has been provided at this time.
New Haven closed between Harrison & I-74 due to a fire incident.— Hamilton County 911 (@HCCC911) October 23, 2019