The Lawrenceburg Main Street Music on the River concerts will be hosted at a brand new city park.
The Beginnings will play Music on the River on August 8, 2019. Lawrenceburg Main Street photo.
(Lawrenceburg, Ind.) - The schedule for the Lawrenceburg Main Street Music on the River free concert series has been revealed.
The free Thursday evening concerts will start June 6 with The Van Dells.
The concerts will continue each Thursday from 7:00 until 9:00 p.m. through August 29, excluding July 4.
This year, Music on the River concerts will have a new home at the $6 million Lawrenceburg Civic Park, which is currently under construction at the intersection of High and Short streets. The new park includes a permanent stage and plenty of space for large crowds.
"It's got a great facility there with the green room for the acts to change in. Everything is there. It is not like we have to put (the stage) in place every year. The south end will have some seating and the north end will have a water feature and a lot of seating," says Lawrenceburg Main Street executive director Pat Krider.
A weekly cruise-in car show, along with a weekly split the pot raffle will accompany the concerts. There will be food vendors and a beer garden, too.
The complete 2019 Music on the River schedule:
- June 6 - Van Dells, Music of 50’s and 60’s
- June 13 - Blue Water Kings, Contemporary pop…2000 to Current
- June 20 - Nick Netherton, Country and Americana
- June 27 - Parrots of the Caribbean, Summer Beach Tunes
- July 11 - Bee Gees Gold, Bee Gees Tribute
- July 18 - Skallywags, Contemporary Country
- July 25 - Eagles Project, Eagles Tribute
- August 1 - Jay Jesse Johnson, Blue, Rock
- August 8 - The Beginnings, A Celebration of the Music of Chicago
- August 15 - Buzz Bin, Music of the 90’s
- August 22 - 90 Proof Twang, Southern Country
- August 29 - Back 2 Mac, Fleetwood Mac Tribute
For more information, please contact Lawrenceburg Main Street at (812) 537-4507 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Listen to Eagle Country 99.3's interview with Pat Krider in the audio player below: