The Indiana DNR promotion is in conjunction with Veterans Day.
(Versailles, Ind.) - All veterans and active-duty military personnel, and everyone in their vehicle, will be admitted free to DNR state parks, reservoir properties, state forest recreation areas and state off-road vehicle riding areas on Veterans Day, Nov. 11.
Because Falls of the Ohio State Park is open only during the afternoon on Veterans Day, that park will offer free admission to its interpretive center for veterans and active-duty military on both Sunday, Nov. 11 and Monday, Nov. 12.
“We appreciate the sacrifices and service of our veterans and active-duty military and look forward to recognizing them with a day to explore some of the best outdoor places in our state,” said Dan Bortner, director of Indiana State Parks.
Veterans and military personnel should present ID or evidence of military service where entrance gates are in operation.
For proof of military status, gate attendants will accept:
- Discharge papers (veteran’s DD Form 214)
- Veteran license plates: Ex-POW, Purple Heart, Disabled Hoosier Veteran, Pearl Harbor Survivor. Veteran license plates also include:
- Air Force Veteran
- Army Veteran
- Coast Guard Veteran
- Marine Corps Veteran
- Merchant Marine Veteran
- Navy Veteran
- U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs Disability Award Letter
- Veterans hunting and fishing license
- Documents showing veteran benefits with veteran’s name on document
- Any other certificate or verification letter or form that establishes past or present military service
For general information about state park, reservoir and forest properties, visit dnr.IN.gov.
For information about interpretive programs at state parks and reservoirs, visit https://www.in.gov/dnr/parklake/2389.htm.
To view all DNR news releases, please see dnr.IN.gov.