"Restoration of individual façade, awning purchases, and new signage improves the visual appearance of the entire downtown."
(Dillsboro, Ind.) - Three Dillsboro businesses have been selected to receive 2020 Façade/Awning/Signage Grants.
On Wednesday, July 8, the Dillsboro Community Partnership Entrepreneurs and Small Business Assistance Committee met to review and make selections based on applications received through the 2020 Façade/Awning/Signage Grant Program, funded through a grant from US Bank Corp.
These grants provide financial incentives to commercial or residential building owners located within the Dillsboro Downtown District.
"Restoration of individual façade, awning purchases, and new signage improves the visual appearance of the entire downtown, which is critical both to the success of individual businesses and to the economic health and vitality of Dillsboro," says Town of Dillsboro Economic Development Director Susan D. Greco.
Awards were given to:
- Hairlines Salon & Boutique (Up to $5,000 match)
- Blue Willow House (Up to $1,500 match)
- Northcutt-Laaker Post 292 American Legion (Up to $1,500 match)
Applications were submitted by:
- Janet’s Diner for a new sign ($3,700)
- Molly Randall for new windows in her residence ($6,712)
- Blue Willow House for brick cleaning and tuck-pointing ($1,750)
- Northcutt-Laaker Post 292 American Legion for new awning ($2,600 - $4,300)
- Hairlines for new windows in commercial building ($11,600)
Selections were based on the projects contribution the most to the overall improvement of Downtown buildings.