Together, we can achieve more.
Andrea Ewan, Ken Maddin, Logan Carr, Kevin Wang, Rachel Reynolds. Photo provided.
(Dearborn County, Ind.) - Several local volunteers have come together to create a new non-profit organization with a mission to "identify and bring awareness to the current and ongoing needs of the residents in Southeastern Indiana."
Kevin Wang (Lawrenceburg), Rachel Reynolds (Greendale), Ken Maddin (Aurora), Logan Carr (Greendale), and Andrea Ewan (Aurora) formed The Community Project.
The Community Project plans to focus on the following initiatives:
- Feeding Those in Need (Thanksgiving Event) and Christmas with Friends
- Partnering with the group that created The Community Blessing Boxes
- Campaign for underrepresented populations in the area
- Providing a single location for local non-profits to share volunteer opportunities with community members
- Finding ways existing organizations can address community needs by bringing those organizations and volunteers together
“Engaging with local community partners and streamlining efforts will create a bigger impact for the residents who need it the most, as well as provide an opportunity for volunteers to get involved,” said Logan Carr at The Community Project “we can all lend a hand in this initiative.”
For for more information on how to get involved visit: thecommunityprojectsei.org