Music on the River, the Whiskey City Regatta and the Whiskey City Outdoor Family Fun Show all happen this week in downtown.
The parking lot on E. High Street between Walnut and Short streets will close Thursday. Photo by Travis Thayer, Eagle Country 99.3.
(Lawrenceburg, Ind.) – There will be much to do and see this weekend in Lawrenceburg, which will likely impact your daily routine.
The United Community Bank Whiskey City Regatta returns to the Ohio River in downtown Lawrenceburg this Friday, June 15 and Saturday, June 16.
In conjunction, the inaugural Whiskey City Outdoor Family Fun Show will happen along High Street on Saturday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
To accommodate the events, the following street closures will be in place:
- The parking lot on East High Street, located next to Millie and Co. Mercantile, will not be available for parking on Thursday, June 14 after 5:00 a.m., for Music on the River until the event ends. All cars must be removed by 4:30 p.m. Thursday on High Street between Walnut and Short streets.
- On Friday, June 15, the parking lot next to Millie and Co. Mercantile will be closed all day. All cars must be removed by 4:30 p.m. for the Parade of Drivers event on High Street between Walnut and Short streets, until the event ends Saturday night. Walnut Street will remain open.
- On Friday, June 15, all cars must be removed by 11:00 a.m. on West High Street between Walnut and Vine streets, for the Glamper Show event, until the show ends Saturday night.
- Off street parking is available on both East and West High streets that is within a short walking distance. Off street parking lots and the parking garage will offer free parking.
- On Saturday, June 16, starting at 7:00 a.m., Walnut Street traffic will consist southbound only to Center Street, until approximately 8:00 a.m. during the Lauren Hill 5-mile and 5K runs. Other road restrictions during the race can be found here.
Anyone with questions or concerns should contact the Mayor’s office at (812) 532-3552.