Two Hospitalized As High Levels Of Carbon Monoxide Detected In Apartment Building

A bad situation with the poisonous gas could have ended much worse.

(Dillsboro, Ind.) - Two people went to the hospital after they possibly suffered from carbon monoxide poisoning in an apartment building Sunday.

The Dillsboro Fire Department responded to the four-unit apartment building on Shae Lane. They found there were high levels of carbon monoxide, says assistant fire chief Jason Sullivan.

The two victims went to the hospital with headaches, but were in stable condition.

Sullivan said the gas leak was attributed to a gas water heater. The owner of the apartment building was advised to correct the problem.

 “We encourage carbon monoxide detectors in your home if you have a combustible heating source,” said Sullivan,  

Local American Red Cross offered assistance to the tenants of the building until it is safe to reenter.

More from Local News


Events

Primary Election Candidacy Denied for 13 Dearborn County Residents

The Dearborn County Elections Board held a public meeting on Tuesday

Longtime Greendale Assistant Chief Announces Retirement

Jeff Lane has dedicated much of his life to public service.

Leising: Bill to Allow Retail Sale of Dogs Passes Senate

Since the bill was amended, it will head back to the House for consideration.

Local Sports Report - February 19, 2024

Switzerland County head coach Travis Wrightsman picked up his 300th career win.

Josh Ringer Gives Back to Organization That Gave Him His Start in Football

As Indiana Gatorade Player of the Year, Ringer got to donate $1,000 to the organization of his choice.

Three Area Swimmers Qualify for State, Three Divers to Regionals

The Regional Diving competition happens Tuesday with the State Finals taking place next week.

On Air

Your Hometown Radio Station playing
Tracy Lawrence - As Any Fool Can See

Fox News Fox News National Newscast 21:03
Billy Dean We Just Disagree 20:59
Dierks Bentley Gone 20:55
Randy Houser Runnin' Out of Moonlight 20:52