Twelve students from Indiana, Ohio and Kentucky are still in the running for a Merit Scholarship.
(Batesville, Ind.) – Several high school students from Indiana, Ohio and Kentucky have been named a 2019 National Merit Scholarship Program Semifinalist.
The National Merit Scholarship Corporation announced its scholarship semifinalist on September 11. Among the 16,000 semifinalists are:
- Adam Bedel, Batesville High School
- Adam Lyness, East Central High School
- Gregory McMillan, Boone County High School
- David Holtclaw, Conner High School
- Caleb He, Cooper High School
- Peyton Fransen, Leah McClure, Manu Nair, Lucas Niemi, Jessica Pelton, Caitlyn Powell, Ryle High School
- Hayley Harmon, Harrison High School
Approximately 15,000 students will advance to the finalist level in February. Then, 2,500 National Merit Scholarships worth $2,500 each will be awarded in the spring of 2019.
The National Merit Scholarship Program honors individual students who show exceptional academic ability and potential for success in rigorous college studies.
For more information about the competition, visit www.nationalmerit.org.