All 392 schools that applied for Secured School Safety Grants will receive funding.
(INDIANAPOLIS) – The Indiana Secured School Safety Board has approved more than $19 million in matching state grants funds, marking a third consecutive year of record-breaking school safety investments.
The $19,058,808 million in awards allows the Board to fully fund all eligible, top-priority projects identified by 392 schools in their applications to the Secured School Safety Grant program (SSSG).
Grant totals for local schools is listed below:
- Batesville Community School Corp - $52,779.98
- Franklin County Community Sch Corp - $50,000.00
- Jac -Cen -Del Community Sch Corp - $25,000.00
- Lawrenceburg Community School Corp - $85,000.00
- Oldenburg Academy - $14,870.00
- Rising Sun -Ohio Co Com - $50,000.00
- South Dearborn Community Sch Corp - $60,000.00
- South Ripley Com Sch Corp - $50,000.00
- Sunman -Dearborn Com Sch Corp - $100,000.00
- Switzerland County School Corp - $50,000.00
Eligible items in the grant include funding for school resource officers (SROs) and law enforcement officers in schools; equipment and technology; active event warning systems (no matching requirement); firearms training for teachers and staff that choose to allow guns on school property; threat assessments and to implement a student and parent support services program.
"Hoosier students and staff should be able to go to school with the confidence and comfort of knowing they are safe and protected from harm. This program represents the state's commitment to that mission. With help from the General Assembly, we are able to support every school that applied with initiatives they have identified to make their schools safer," said Gov. Eric J. Holcomb.
As of July 1, 2021, schools were required to have a completed threat assessment and a memorandum of understanding in place with a community mental health center (or employ a certified, licensed mental health professional) to be eligible for funding.
See a full list of grant recipients at SSSG-FY2022-Awards (in.gov).