The City of Lawrenceburg and Lawrenceburg Main Street are partnering up to help small businesses.
INTRO: The City of Lawrenceburg, in partnership with the Lawrenceburg Main Street organization is focused on business sustainability thru economic hardships endured as a result of the national COVID-19 emergency declaration. Therefore, a Public Health Emergency Small Business Grant (PHESBG) has been created to provide immediate assistance for local business to continue to thrive in the City of Lawrenceburg.
ELIGIBILITY: Brick and mortar small retail or restaurant businesses with under 25 employees located within the city limits of Lawrenceburg. Cannot be part of a national retail or restaurant chain. Must have been closed or partially closed during normal business hours under Indiana Governor Holcomb’s Declaration of Public Health Emergency for COVID-19.
INELIGIBLE BUSINESSES: Manufacturing, Industry and Professional Services.
1. Apply for SBA Economic Injury Disaster Loan Application submittal within 45 days of an PHESBG award.
2. Apply for available state and federal reimbursement/stimulus funds available for costs incurred by business and/or workforce within 45 days of an PHESBG award.
3. Must not be delinquent in rent or lease payments with the City of Lawrenceburg.
4. Grant funds to be used towards business related fixed debt or operational costs in place during national public health emergency declaration.
5. If Grant Awardee has multiple locations including site(s) outside the City of Lawrenceburg, all grant funds must be used in association with a City of Lawrenceburg business facility.
6. Businesses that close or relocate within 9 months from PHESBG Award will be required to repay the grant award in full to the City of Lawrenceburg.
GRANT FUNDS APPROVED USE: Business related operational costs.
AMOUNT OF FUNDING: Public Health Emergency Small Business Grant Award of $3500 per approved local business applicant.
AVAILABILITY OF FUNDING: Subject to availability of approved, appropriated funds.
APPLICATION: PHESBG application available at www.thinklawrenceburg.com or via LMU drive thru at 320 Walnut St., Lawrenceburg Indiana Monday-Friday between 8 am to 4:30 pm. Applications will be taken starting March 30th, 2020 either by submission online at www.thinklawrenceburg.com or at the LMU drive thru.
TIMELINE: Approved applicants will receive their grant award in an expedited manner following review. The Public Health Emergency Small Business Grant Program may be expanded or reduced at the discretion of the City. The program will continue as long as deemed necessary by the City.
The City of Lawrenceburg, Indiana is a community dedicated to supporting local businesses as a vital economic investment in quality of life and experiences in Lawrenceburg, Indiana. For questions or to request additional information, please contact Guinevere Emery, Communications Director for the City of Lawrenceburg by email at email@example.com or by phone at 513-505-7647.