The donation trailer sponsored by the city and 4-Speed on 50 has reached its weight capacity.
Update published Thursday, August 4:
The donation trailer sponsored by the City of Lawrenceburg and 4 Speed on US 50 has met the weight capacity.
Therefore, the city will stop accepting donations as of 3:00 p.m. Thursday.
"On behalf of the City of Lawrenceburg, thank you for the tremendous community support and response," said Mayor Kelly Mollaun.
All monetary donations for Kentucky flood relief efforts are to be directed to the American Red Cross at http://www.redcross.org/ For more information on ways to help, contact ky.gov regarding Team Eastern Kentucky Flood Relief.
Original story published Monday, August 1:
(Lawrenceburg, Ind.) - The City of Lawrenceburg and local merchant Steve Caudill of 4-Speed on 50 are partnering to host an Eastern Kentucky Flood Relief Drive following severe regional flooding on Tuesday August 2nd thru Friday August 5th, 2022. Here’s how to help Kentucky area residents in need:
DONATION TRAILER AVAILABILITY TIMELINE:
- Tuesday, August 2nd thru Friday, August 5th, 2022
- Tuesday – Thursday 8 AM -3 PM
- Friday 8 AM – 12 Noon
WHERE: An extended trailer will be available for Kentucky Emergency Flood Relief donation drop off at the LMU Drive Thru behind Lawrenceburg City Hall at 230 Walnut Street, Lawrenceburg IN 47025. The site will be monitored at all times by the City of Lawrenceburg.
ACCEPTABLE DONATION ITEMS:
- Water: Cases of bottled water, gallons of water.
- Personal hygiene products: Antibacterial soap, hand sanitizer, toothpaste, toothbrushes, shampoo, body wash, deodorant, lotion, combs.
- Cleaning Supplies: Rubber gloves, bleach, cleaning supplies, sponges, mops, scrub brushes, brooms, dustpans, shovels, rakes, buckets, heavy duty garbage bags & wheelbarrows.
- Paper products: Toilet paper, paper towels, napkins, etc.
- First aid supplies: Latex gloves, bandages, band aids, gauze pads, antiseptic creams, hydrogen peroxide, antibiotic ointment, instant cold packs, etc.
- Non-perishable canned food items.
- New and in original packaging: Power tools, fans, generators, etc.
UNACCEPTABLE DONATION ITEMS:
- Furniture or mattresses.
All monetary donations for Kentucky flood relief efforts are to be directed to the American Red Cross at http://www.redcross.org/.
For more information on ways to help, contact ky.gov regarding Team Eastern Kentucky Flood Relief.