(Rising Sun, Ind.) - A Rising Sun family of four may be without a home after a fire on Monday afternoon.
Rising Sun Fire Department Public Information Officer Nick Levi says the blaze began just after 3:00 in a home at 125 South Poplar Street. Nobody was hurt as the homeowner had just left to pick up her children from school when the fire broke out.
Firefighters spent three hours on the scene battling the fire and the hot weather.
The fire, which started in the back of the house, has been ruled accidental. Levi says damage was around $40,000 to $50,000.
Rising Sun firefighters were assisted at the scene by Bear Branch Fire, East Enterprise Fire, Rising Sun EMS, and the Rising Sun Police Department.