(Cincinnati, Oh.) - Two teen boys held in connection with the murder of Milan resident Nancy Hershman appeared in Hamilton County, Ohio court Tuesday.
The teens – at this time only identified by their initials D.H. and S.N. – had previously refused to waive their extradition to Indiana to face charges in Ripley County, WKRC-TV reports. That changed Tuesday when the 15-year-old boy who allegedly took part in the December 30 burglary and shooting waived his extradition. That boy could be brought to Indiana this week.
A 16-year-old did not waive his extradition and will remain in Ohio for the time being. The teen’s attorney said he could not sign an extradition order. According to WKRC-TV, Indiana authorities have sixty days to file a request for the juvenile court judge to order the teen returned to Ripley County.
Whenever the teens are brought to Indiana, Ripley County Prosecutor Ric Hertel has said he plans to try them as adults.
A third suspect, 22-year-old Allison Moore allegedly told police she fired the shot that killed Hershman. She appeared in Ripley Circuit Court on Monday and was ordered held without bond until her case goes to trial June 17.