An aerial view of the construction at the Three Rivers Educational Campus in Cleves in September.
Three Rivers Local Schools
(Cleves, Oh.) – A name has been settled on for the new $63 million K-12 building for Three Rivers Schools.
On October 8, the school board decided to name the overall facility on Cooper Road in Cleves the Three Rivers Educational Campus, The Cincinnati Enquirer reports. The vote was unanimous.
However, each of the wings will have a different name: Taylor High School, Three Rivers Elementary, and the Meredith Hitchens Administration Center.
Charles T. Young Elementary in Cleves will retain its name when it becomes the district’s central office. Classes there will be moved to the new building, which opens at the start of the 2013-2014 school year.
The decision on the school names didn’t come easy or without controversy. A group of alumni pressured the school board to keep the old names. In May, the board decided to form a committee to study naming possibilities. The group returned the recommendations that were adopted by the school board this week.
The Taylor name has been around since the district’s second high school was built in 1926. It was named after Cleves-North Bend School District president W.W. Taylor, who led the effort to build the new high school.