Greendale firefighters covering the roof of
a home which was struck by lighting Sunday
(Greendale, Ind.) – Lighting has struck twice in one week for the Greendale Fire Department after a home was hit Sunday morning.
Firefighters were dispatched to 1303 St. Andrews Lane around 6:30 for a report that a home was hit by lightning.
Once on scene, the firefighters saw light smoke showing from the roof. A small fire was found and quickly extinguished.
Smoke was also seen inside ceilings, walls, and electrical wiring in the home.
Firefighters places a salvage cover over a hole in the roof caused by the strike in order to prevent water damage being done inside.
Lawrenceburg Fire Department assisted at the scene.
Greendale firefighters had a similar run on Monday when the roof of Little Red Schoolhouse day care on Rudolph Way was zapped by lightning. Nobody was seriously injured in either incident.