(Bright, Ind.) – A quick response helped limit damage from a chimney fire to only the chimney Wednesday.
Bright Fire and EMS Chief Kevin Gick says his department was called to a home on Jackson Ridge Road around 12:30 a.m.
Firefighters extinguished the blaze before there were any obvious signs of damage to the structure.
Miller-York Fire Department assisted at the scene.
"In this economy, folks are burning a lot of wood. Ensure your chimney and fire box are professionally cleaned and inspected. Additionally, make sure you have working smoke detectors throughout your house. Detectors that are approaching 10-years-old should be replaced," said Gick.