(Aurora, Ind.) - Christmas presents and a dog were saved thanks to quick work by firefighters over the weekend.
Aurora firefighters were called to a trailer fire at the Aurora Moose Park, 7644 U.S. 50, around 5:55 p.m. Friday. The trailer was owned by Thomas Wedding of Owensboro, Ky. according to Aurora Fire Safety Officer Kevin Turner.
Indiana Conservation Officer Andy Cline was among the first on the scene. He rescued a dog tied up outside the burning trailer.
Aurora firefighters made entry and were able to limit the fire to the back bedroom. Firefighters saved Christmas presents from inside along with a guitar and breathing machine.
Nobody was injured.
A space heater is getting the blame for the fire, which has been ruled accidental by the Aurora Fire Department. Damage is estimated at about $10,000.
“Citizens are reminded never to leave a space heater operating or plugged in when not home,” said Turner.